- Author, Hume’s Scepticism, Pyrrhonian and Academic, in Edinburgh Studies in Scottish Philosophy. Scottish Philosophy Throughout the Ages, series edited by James A. Harris (Edinburgh University Press, 2020).
- Co-author of the Philosopher’s Toolkit, Ethics Toolkit, and Critical Thinking Toolkit (Blackwell, Wiley).
- John William Miller Fellow, Williams College, 2017–18.
- David Hume Fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities, University of Edinburgh, 2013–14.
- Editor-in-Chief of academic journal, Cogent Arts & Humanities, 2014–present.
- 2014 Non-fiction finalist for the Pushcart (CNF) Prize XXXVIII, recognizing “important work published by small presses,” for my Salmagundi Magazine essay, “American Despair in an Age of Hope,” about the apparent suicide of Col. Theodore S. Westhusing. The essay was included in the 2014 notables list of BAE (Best American Essays). Click HERE for more about the essay.
- 2006 Acorn Award Recipient for Outstanding Professor in Kentucky.